Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I'm a London 2012 Games Maker!

It has been quite some time since I have updated this blog as I have
been really busy. The events since then will slowly be explained as I
begin to return to normality with this blog. There has been so much
going on and things are about to get much more interesting!

On the 5th July 2012 after I applied over a year ago I was finally
offered a Volunteer Role as a "Games Maker" at the London 2012 Olympic
Games! Needless to say I accepted the offer and will be heading down
to London this Friday 27th July 2012. My volunteer role is with the
Press Operations team based at Earls Court. My first shift is the 28th
July and my final shift is the 12th August 2012 when the Olympics have
finished. I shall be returning home on the 13th August.

While I cannot post photos etc from the Venue while on my shift I
shall try to cover as much Olympics stuff as possible on here and on
my twitter. At the same time it is my intention to see as much of
London as possible and try to take in the area round my campsite which
is in Walthamstow. To find out more about London 2012 Games Makers go
here:
http://www.london2012.com/about-us/volunteers/

In the past several months I have:

Ran several local races including a Half Marathon and got myself several PB's
Ran and completed the Hull Marathon
Been able to get myself a charity place for the Great North Run on
16th September 2012
Chased the Olympic Torch when it came to my area and had my photo
taken with several Olympic Torchbearers, many of whom came from my
club, Clee AC.
Held and touched an Olympic Torch and had my photo taken with one!
...to say the least

The Photo above is of all the 8 Clee AC Olympic Torchbearers at our
local lifeboat station at Cleethorpes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment