Monday, June 23, 2014

Newham London National Lottery Anniversary Run – Part 1

Today was National Olympic Day all over the planet celebrating the Olympics. As part of my celebration I’m going to tell you about my next visit to the home of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games: Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford, London.

anniversaryrun2014 At the end of March, a few days after its return had been announced in the Press, I entered myself in this year’s National Lottery Anniversary Run. Its new title is the Newham London National Lottery Anniversary Run and got my place confirmed.

With about a month to go I’m looking forward to it. The event takes place on Sunday 20th July 2014.

 

tnlar2014course.jpg

 

 

 

Here is the course of the run and it looks brilliant. It takes in the Orbit, Olympic Stadium, the Copperbox, Athletes village, Aquatic Centre and the Velodrome plus some of the paths through the gardens. View the course on the official website

 

 

Last time I ran through the park it was for Sport Relief on March 23rd before the South Section of the park (Olympic Stadium etc) officially opened to the public on April 5th 2014. Will be running through the park for Sport Relief again this time too, asking for donations through my Sport Relief 2014 Justgiving page for the run.

Pic_0323_017 Pic_0323_009

Above is a few photos from when I ran 6 miles for Sport Relief round the Olympic Park…Saving that story for another post. As I did for Sport Relief I’ll be running in my Games Maker hat, Olympic Accreditation and some of my Games Maker badges and other London 2012 badges that were given to me when I was a London 2012 Olympics Games Maker during the games.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment