Saturday, August 30, 2014

Sainsburys Anniversary Games 2014

On Sunday 20th July 2014 I had the pleasure of volunteering at the
Sainsburys Anniversary Games organised by British Athletics. It had
been the end of a busy day for me having ran round the Olympic Park in
the morning. My volunteer role was a stand officer at Horse Guards
Parade at the evening session.

It was great to see all the athletes up close and I came across some
fellow Games Makers too. Some were volunteering at the event, many
were in the crowd. Another nice thing for me was wearing the 'uniform'
: orange t-shirt with the accreditation. I still am and always have
been an avid fan of watching Athletics on telly and quite used to
seeing others wear that uniform. That day was my turn to wear it
having organised to volunteer at it via the Team London website.

Of course, the Anniversary Games celebrated the London 2012 Games
which I also volunteered at. Would love to do it again in future and
at other events organised by British Athletics.

The Sainsburys Anniversary Games 2014 was also broadcast live on Channel 4 so its possible I may have even been spotted on telly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment